Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Cheaper fruit and veg leads to lower inflation in Russia
In July, inflation in Russia fell below the Central Bank's target and amounted to 3.9 percent. This is evidenced by the data published on the website of the Federal State Statistics Service.
Such a sharp decline in inflation was not expected by any analysts, as noted by the "Parliamentary Newspaper." According to the forecasts of 18 economists previously interviewed by Bloomberg, inflation had been expected to decrease from 4.4 percent in June to 4.3 percent in July.
The reduction of fruit and vegetable prices has apparently had a significant impact on the dynamics of food prices.
"Thus, white cabbage has become 34.5 percent cheaper, potato prices have fallen by 21.2 percent, and beets, tomatoes, cucumbers, bananas and lemons have recorded price drops of between 8.3 and 15.2 percent. At the same time, the prices for oranges and apples increased by 8 and 6.4 percent, respectively," reported Rosstat.
Publication date: 8/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: