Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Lemongrass crosses borders to reach Europe
This herb, considered a vegetable in Asia, Africa, Australia and the tropical islands, is beginning to be included in the Asian recipes that are prepared in Europe. It is a very popular crop which has been grown for many years in countries like Vietnam. Today, its cultivation is intended for culinary and medicinal uses and for the production of cosmetics or essential oils, because "its smell resembles that of lemons," explains Nancy Dinh, head of sales at Thinh An Trading Co.
It is available all year round, with Vietnam having the capacity to export an average of 12 to 15 tonnes. So far, Thinh An Trading Co. has already exported this product to France, Switzerland and the Netherlands. "We are packing in 200 gram bags, although this also depends on the customers' requirements," explains Dinh. Lemongrass can be kept fresh for about 2 or 3 weeks, making it easy to export without it losing its properties.
For more information:
Thinh An Trading Co.
Tel.:+84 974 212 138
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: