Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indiana grown red potatoes available now
The red potato harvest began the first week of August at Black Gold Farms’ operation in Winamac, Indiana, located about 2 hours south of Chicago and the same distance north of Indianapolis. Focusing exclusively on red potatoes for the fresh market, the Winamac farm grows premium quality red skin, white flesh potatoes which will be harvested and shipped until the end of August.
“Our Indiana location has really done a great job filling the summer time gap between our Missouri crop and the upcoming Red River Valley crop. This will be our fifth year with fresh reds in Indiana, and each year, the demand increases, so we’re doing what we can to fulfil it. The timing couldn’t be better to ensure that we’re keeping our promise of providing our customers Black Gold Farms grown red potatoes all year round. This is another way we’re working to add value to our customers by being the grower, packer and shipper” commented John Halverson, Black Gold Farms COO.
Nathan Libey, Winamac, IN Farm Manager says, “This growing year has definitely been a win for us. Black Gold Farms has expectations for a high-quality product, and from what I’m seeing in the field we will be meeting those expectation. There aren’t many potatoes grown around here for the fresh market, so when our product is on the shelves our customer and their shoppers get pretty excited.”
Black Gold Farms will also be taking this crop on a continual REDVENTURE with retailers! To add to the excitement of harvest, Black Gold Farms is offering up even more redventurous recipes like Massaman Red Curry potatoes as well as digital/social promotions geared towards bringing awareness to the adventurous side of red potatoes.
Black Gold Farms
Publication date: 8/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: