Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Jersey, US, expects largest peach crop in yearsWhile other states in the US are seeing poor peach harvests, New Jersey is the exception. The state is one of the largest growers of peaches in the country, and this year’s crop is expected to be the biggest in years.
The New Jersey Peach Promotion Council is estimating it will be between 55 million and 66 million peaches on 5,500 acres.
For a point of comparison, in 2015 New Jersey farmers grew 42.2 million pounds of peaches on 4,700 acres. This crop brought in $27.6 million. The New Jersey season is just beginning to get into full swing, and will run through September.
Publication date: 7/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: