Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
New Jersey, US, expects largest peach crop in yearsWhile other states in the US are seeing poor peach harvests, New Jersey is the exception. The state is one of the largest growers of peaches in the country, and this year’s crop is expected to be the biggest in years.
The New Jersey Peach Promotion Council is estimating it will be between 55 million and 66 million peaches on 5,500 acres.
For a point of comparison, in 2015 New Jersey farmers grew 42.2 million pounds of peaches on 4,700 acres. This crop brought in $27.6 million. The New Jersey season is just beginning to get into full swing, and will run through September.
Publication date: 7/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: