Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Tasmanian growers adding value for export
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Two Million Kilogramms of Tomatoes to be harvested in 2017In a salad, as a side dish for meat or fish and even as a dessert - tomatoes are always a hit, have a lot of health benefits, are ripened perfectly right around now to be juicy and aromatic.
Right in the neighborhood, on the vegetable island on Lake Constance, the fruit are growing on an area the size of no less than seven soccer fields. Overall, two million kilograms of tomatoes will be harvested again, this year. "With 21 different varieties, it is the most diverse vegetable we are producing," says manager Johannes Bliestle. Carefully picked by hand and sorted, the vitamin bombs are marketed via the wholesale market Reichenau-Gemüse eG. Since the sales territory of the vegetable association is only covering the south of Germany, there are short transportation routes with all the benefits for consumers and environment. Retailers are selling the extensive tomato range from Reichenau in different, practical packaging.
Tomatoes are rich in vitamins, minerals, as well as countless phytonutrients and fruit acids. Especially the Lycopin, which is in charge of the red color, is valuable for human health. Tomato experts recommend the Reichenauer Inselperle. This tasty tomato impresses with its special ratio of sugar and acidity and is therefore a premium taste experience. The diverse range of Reichenau's horticulturists is supplemented by a large variety of organic tomatoes from the Bioland-farm in Aach. In total, 6,000 pallets, which amounts to around 200 truckloads, of tomatoes are leaving the vegetable island on Lake Constance.
You can find out more about the different tomatoes here.
For further Information:
78479 Insel Reichenau
T +49 (0) 7534 9200-0
F +49 (0) 7534 9200-20
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: