Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Two Million Kilogramms of Tomatoes to be harvested in 2017In a salad, as a side dish for meat or fish and even as a dessert - tomatoes are always a hit, have a lot of health benefits, are ripened perfectly right around now to be juicy and aromatic.
Right in the neighborhood, on the vegetable island on Lake Constance, the fruit are growing on an area the size of no less than seven soccer fields. Overall, two million kilograms of tomatoes will be harvested again, this year. "With 21 different varieties, it is the most diverse vegetable we are producing," says manager Johannes Bliestle. Carefully picked by hand and sorted, the vitamin bombs are marketed via the wholesale market Reichenau-Gemüse eG. Since the sales territory of the vegetable association is only covering the south of Germany, there are short transportation routes with all the benefits for consumers and environment. Retailers are selling the extensive tomato range from Reichenau in different, practical packaging.
Tomatoes are rich in vitamins, minerals, as well as countless phytonutrients and fruit acids. Especially the Lycopin, which is in charge of the red color, is valuable for human health. Tomato experts recommend the Reichenauer Inselperle. This tasty tomato impresses with its special ratio of sugar and acidity and is therefore a premium taste experience. The diverse range of Reichenau's horticulturists is supplemented by a large variety of organic tomatoes from the Bioland-farm in Aach. In total, 6,000 pallets, which amounts to around 200 truckloads, of tomatoes are leaving the vegetable island on Lake Constance.
You can find out more about the different tomatoes here.
For further Information:
78479 Insel Reichenau
T +49 (0) 7534 9200-0
F +49 (0) 7534 9200-20
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: