Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
- Business Development Manager Horticulture LED CEE / Russia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam officials seize 3 tonnes of ivory hidden among fruitVietnamese authorities have found and seized nearly three tonnes of ivory hidden among boxes of fruit, officials said yesterday, the latest haul to spotlight the country’s key role in the global wildlife smuggling trade.
Police in the central province of Thanh Hoa found 2.7 tonnes of tusks inside cartons on the back of a truck that was on its way to Hanoi, according to a report on their website.
“This is the largest seizure of smuggled ivory ever in Thanh Hoa province,” the report said. State media said the elephant tusks originated from South Africa.
The truck driver claimed he was unaware of what he was transporting, according to a report in state-controlled Tuoi Tre newspaper. Police declined to comment further when contacted by AFP yesterday.
Publication date: 7/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: