Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Figs sold in stone paperFigs packaged with stone paper leaves, i.e. a type of paper used for navigation maps that is hard-wearing and water resistant yet ecological and biodegradable. This is the innovation introduced this summer by Cantatore Fruit Company (Ruvo di Puglia - BA).
"This paper maintains a long shelf-life and protects fruit from bacterial attacks. It is an innovative patented product that we have already introduced with both our domestic and foreign clients."
The business deals mainly with table grapes, to which figs are added during summer. "We are currently shipping the first pallets of Black Magic and Primus grapes and the Victoria variety will become available next week. We then buy figs from trusted producers and process them. Not only do we sort them again, but we also package them with stone paper. Feedback is great and such unique packaging truly stands out."
Everyone knows figs are delicate fruits. Stone paper leaves are reminiscent of the ancient way to store them in grape leaves. "However, due to the possible presence of pesticides that may get transferred to the fruit, that method has become obsolete. We came across stone paper at our trusted printer's. We found out more about its characteristics and it seemed the perfect solution for us. We are the only ones to use it."
Cantatore Fruit Company processes 5 tons of figs a day on average. "We ship the fruit to northern Italy and mainly abroad, especially to France (Paris, Lyon), Belgium (Brussels, Liège) and Germany (Munich, Mannheim, Frankfurt, Köln)."
Cantatore Fruit Company Srl
Via Scarlatti 138/A
70037 Ruvo di Puglia (BA) - Italy
Tel./Fax: +39 (0)80 3612609
Publication date: 7/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: