Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pablo Teutsch, Avocitrus:
Spain: "Avocados have become part of a lifestyle"
"Avocados of Spanish origin recorded good sales both in the domestic market and abroad," states Pablo Teutsch. According to the representative of Avocitrus, the latest campaign has been better than the previous one and the sales volume has increased significantly. "Overall, you can see that many producers are expanding their acreage;" in fact, "many growers in the area are removing citrus crops to plant avocados," affirms Teutsch. The problem, he says, is that a tree needs at least 5 years to yield a significant production and demand is getting higher and higher.
"We are even considering the option of stocking avocados from La Axarquía in the UK or the Netherlands," says Teutsch, since the logistics issue has always been the weak point. "We know it takes 3 days for the fruit to get to England, which is our main market, so with planning, it is possible to have a presence there." This is the only way in which avocados of Spanish origin could compete with those of other origins on equal terms, since they could then be redistributed from there to other parts of Europe.
For more information:
Pablo Teutsch Ovalle
Tel.: +34 685350345
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: