Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pablo Teutsch, Avocitrus:
Spain: "Avocados have become part of a lifestyle"
"Avocados of Spanish origin recorded good sales both in the domestic market and abroad," states Pablo Teutsch. According to the representative of Avocitrus, the latest campaign has been better than the previous one and the sales volume has increased significantly. "Overall, you can see that many producers are expanding their acreage;" in fact, "many growers in the area are removing citrus crops to plant avocados," affirms Teutsch. The problem, he says, is that a tree needs at least 5 years to yield a significant production and demand is getting higher and higher.
"We are even considering the option of stocking avocados from La Axarquía in the UK or the Netherlands," says Teutsch, since the logistics issue has always been the weak point. "We know it takes 3 days for the fruit to get to England, which is our main market, so with planning, it is possible to have a presence there." This is the only way in which avocados of Spanish origin could compete with those of other origins on equal terms, since they could then be redistributed from there to other parts of Europe.
For more information:
Pablo Teutsch Ovalle
Tel.: +34 685350345
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: