Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Independent laboratory for the fresh produce industry opens its doors
About three months ago, QfreshLAB opened its doors. “It’s the first fully independent, quality, analytical and packaging laboratory supporting the fresh produce industry,” says Jeff Brandenburg, founding partner of QfreshLAB. “We are a third-party testing facility that allows fresh produce grower-shippers to quantify the physiological properties of their produce. In addition, it is possible to have packaging validated and optimized to increase produce quality and shelf-life. “Our capabilities also include comparing a shipper’s packaged salad to the competitor’s product,” mentioned Brandenburg.
The facility is based in Salinas, CA. “A strategic location; Salinas is the heart of the global fresh produce industry,” said Brandenburg.
This overview includes the capabilities of QfreshLAB when it comes to the product:
- Product respiration rate quantification and analysis.
- Shelf-life testing and studies.
- Organoleptic and visual attributes.
- Product cutting/competitive cutting analysis.
- Product differentiation and produce geometry.
- Competitive product analysis.
- Processing equipment qualification.
- Varietal trials.
- Seasonal variance analysis.
- Temperature abuse studies.
The laboratory is managed by Eric Vandercook with support from founding partners Jeff Brandenburg and Will Daniels. Eric has B.Sc. degrees in Biochemistry and Food Science and has worked for a decade in various food industries including fresh cut produce, fresh pressed juices and dietary supplements.
For more information:
Publication date: 6/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: