Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Man enters chilli-eating contest. The chilli won.
- EC approves Bayer’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- Machinery company opens new Californian customer service facility
- China: The future of retail, premium brands and increased domestic production
- AU: Sustainability and expansion milestones for Manbulloo
Exchange ratesmore »
Fresh Indonesian pineapples enter Italian market for first time
Indonesian fresh pineapples can now be consumed by Italian consumers after a container holding 18 tons of the commodity arrived in Italys city port of Venezia over the weekend.
The 18 tons of fresh pineapples were exported in a maiden shipment by PT Great Giant Food in cooperation with Italian importer SAMA SpA.
SAMA is planning to import up to 20 containers of the commodity until the end of the year, Counselor Charles F. Hutapea of the Indonesian Embassy in Rome, told ANTARA in Jakarta on Saturday.
Previously, the Italian consumers could only enjoy Indonesian pineapples in the form of canned product.
The unloading of the maiden export of fresh pineapple was witnessed by Indonesian Ambassador to Italy Esti Andayani together with general manager of SAMA, Giorgio Masiero.
Ambassador Andayani expressed happiness over the fact that Italian consumers are increasingly fond of Indonesian fresh pineapples which could compete with fruit from other countries.
Publication date: 6/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: