Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Potatoes cheaper in Poland than in Ukraine
"If we look at prices in all European countries, potatoes are sold for the cheapest price in Poland," stated Oleksy Dorosenko, president of the Retail Chain Association of Ukraine. He noted that, in Poland, vegetables are actually cheaper than in Ukraine.
"We compared the prices of potatoes in some of the retail stores in Ukraine and other countries. As always, potatoes in Poland are the cheapest, 8.60 hryvnia per kilo (about 0.29 Euro)," said Dorosenko, quoted by the Golos.ua news portal.
According to the expert, the price of a kilo of potatoes stands at 10 hryvnia (0.34 Euro) in Ukraine and at 15.60 hryvnia (0.53 Euro) in Belarus.
"Of the Baltic countries, the most expensive potatoes are in Lithuania, with 21.40 hryvnia (0.72 Euro), and Estonia, where they cost 22.80 hryvnia (0.77 Euro) per kilo. In Hungary, potatoes cost 22.50 hryvnia (0.76 Euro)," the analyst said.
Publication date: 5/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: