Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineappleDel Monte's new pink pineapple is making news online just in time for summer, when everyone is donning their summer colors. The pineapple was introduced back in 2005 but after receiving the Food and Drug Administration's seal of approval, they can now be sold to consumers.
With pictures going around online, some believe it to be some kind of practical joke or late April fool's gag, but Del Monte insists it is real. At present the company holds the patent on the new pineapple and will be the only company who will be growing and selling it.
According to the FDA, the new pineapples have been genetically engineered to produce lower levels of the enzymes already found in conventional pineapples which convert the pink pigment lycopene to the yellow pigment beta carotene.
Unfortunately, there is no official word out yet on where and when you can actually buy a pink pineapple, so for now, pictures will have to do. At least until consumers finally get the chance to see what pink pineapple tastes like.
Publication date: 5/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: