- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
With pictures going around online, some believe it to be some kind of practical joke or late April fool's gag, but Del Monte insists it is real. At present the company holds the patent on the new pineapple and will be the only company who will be growing and selling it.
According to the FDA, the new pineapples have been genetically engineered to produce lower levels of the enzymes already found in conventional pineapples which convert the pink pigment lycopene to the yellow pigment beta carotene.
Unfortunately, there is no official word out yet on where and when you can actually buy a pink pineapple, so for now, pictures will have to do. At least until consumers finally get the chance to see what pink pineapple tastes like.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 05/31/2017 "Pineapples are overpriced and natural flowering is about to begin"
- 05/30/2017 Portugal: Fresh pineapples from the Azores are mainly for local consumption
- 05/30/2017 Mexico's melon production increases
- 05/29/2017 Malaysian pineapple exports to China expected to double by 2020
- 05/26/2017 Watermelons look towards a strong 2017 in North America
- 05/25/2017 South African plant stops pineapple concentrate production
- 05/24/2017 ICA makes laser marking a permanent practice
- 05/23/2017 China: 2017 Xuwen Pineapple Culture Touring Festival
- 05/23/2017 Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- 05/22/2017 France and Germany buy half of Spain's melons
- 05/19/2017 Watermelons competing with stonefruit & grapes in Germany
- 05/18/2017 Pineapple & durian exports to China could lift prices in Malaysia
- 05/17/2017 "The best opportunities for the Piel de Sapo are in the international market"
- 05/16/2017 AU: Capogreco melons well received in Japan
- 05/15/2017 China: Yurun watermelons available in the market in three weeks
- 05/12/2017 French melon acreage is stable
- 05/11/2017 Year-round melon production in the very north of South Africa
- 05/10/2017 The seedless watermelons that are consolidating in the markets
- 05/10/2017 Nunhems presents watermelons suitable for organic market
- 05/10/2017 Florida encountering a tough start with watermelons