Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineappleDel Monte's new pink pineapple is making news online just in time for summer, when everyone is donning their summer colors. The pineapple was introduced back in 2005 but after receiving the Food and Drug Administration's seal of approval, they can now be sold to consumers.
With pictures going around online, some believe it to be some kind of practical joke or late April fool's gag, but Del Monte insists it is real. At present the company holds the patent on the new pineapple and will be the only company who will be growing and selling it.
According to the FDA, the new pineapples have been genetically engineered to produce lower levels of the enzymes already found in conventional pineapples which convert the pink pigment lycopene to the yellow pigment beta carotene.
Unfortunately, there is no official word out yet on where and when you can actually buy a pink pineapple, so for now, pictures will have to do. At least until consumers finally get the chance to see what pink pineapple tastes like.
Publication date: 5/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: