Job offersmore »
- Management Accountant - Portugal
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Produce Business UK hold Marketing Fresh Produce to Children Award
Produce Business UK and The London Produce Show and Conference have launched an international competition that will award one company or marketing organisation with its first annual International Award for Marketing Fresh Produce to Children.
The “Kids Are Our Future” award, sponsored by The Embassy of the Netherlands in the UK on behalf of the Dutch fresh fruit and vegetable sector, will be presented at The London Produce Show and Conference on June 8, during the Keynote Breakfast Session at the Grosvenor House Hotel in Mayfair, London.
“With all the troubles around the globe, one thing that unites us all is that everyone wants their children to grow up strong and healthy … and that means more consumption of fruits and vegetables,” said Jim Prevor, editor-in-chief of Produce Business UK and the founder of The London Produce Show and Conference, now celebrating its fourth year.
The competition will celebrate the organisation that has delivered a real stand-out campaign to promote and increase fresh produce consumption to children, with messaging that resonates across all borders. It is open to suppliers of produce as well as international marketing groups, retailers, foodservice distributors/operators and charitable/government entities.
“It’s important that children from a young age learn to eat a healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables,” said Martijn Bergmans, Agricultural Adviser at The Embassy of The Netherlands in the United Kingdom. “As The Netherlands is a large exporter of fruits and vegetables, we are keen to see how operations within the produce industry in all four corners of the globe utilise their marketing prowess to encourage children to increase their intake of fresh produce.”
For more information, please contact:
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: