Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- South African plant stops pineapple concentrate production
- Hort Connections: The global trends influencing the industry
- Chile is one of the main fruit suppliers in Turkey
- International Sweet potato Centre training Ghana farmers on production
- Argentina still depends on Chilean avocados to meet the demand
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nutritional difference between red and green applesApples are one of the most beloved fruits and also among the best selling around the world. Everyone has their favorite color, whether it is red, green or any other color. Even though they are all healthy, some may wonder, which one is the healthiest?
When it comes to red versus green, it is a tough call, as both apples contain their own nutritional benefits. They have a few small differences but are more similar than they are different when it comes to nutrition.
For those being careful of their carb and sugar intake, green apples come out on top. But the difference isn't huge, according to nutritionist Fiona Tuck.
"The health benefit differences are negligible. However, green apples may contain slightly more fibre and less carbohydrates and sugar than red apples," Tuck said.
If antioxidants are your focus however, then red apples win. Again, the difference is small.
"Apples are rich in antioxidants, pectin, quercetin and flavonoids to protect our cells from oxidative damage," nutritionist Fiona Tuck told HuffPost Australia. "They are particularly good for heart, bowel and liver health and make an easy to carry, tasty snack."
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: