Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Italian grape season ready to start
Last weekend, LuciŽn de Wit from LuBa Fresh visited his grape producers in Sicily, where they are getting ready for the first harvest. The blue grape Black Magic and the white Victoria (both seeded) will be first packed in 5-kilogram cardboard, and then in the traditional 7-kilogram wooden packaging. ďThe first grapes will be well absorbed by the market, because the market for blue and white grapes is practically empty.Ē
The early Black Magic and Victoria grapes are grown in greenhouses.
LuciŽn also visited Giuseppe Auteri from Il Galletto. They have maintained a friendly business relationship for 20 years. Guiseppeís quality brands Ė Selezione oro, Il Galletto and Auteri Ė are well-known on the European market. In addition to Europe, LuciŽn will also market Auteriís supply to other important global markets this year. He has many branch contacts all over the world, and the option to directly ship containers from Sicily to all global destinations.
LuciŽn de Wit and Giuseppe Auteri have had friendly business relations for 20 years.
After the grapevines flowered , the good weather has ensured good-sized bunches of grapes. Large berry sizes can be seen with the Victoria and the Black Magic grapes in particular. If the climatological circumstances remain favourable this year, Sicily promises to have a good grape year. This is in comparison to the past two years, when the weather prematurely ended Italyís (long) grape season. The grape season from the mainland starts in early July, in the Puglia region, Italyís largest grape region.
Heavy bunches of Victoria grapes.
For more information:
LuciŽn de Wit
Tel: +31 (0)77 777 7715
Mob: +31 (0)6 41 27 34 43
Fax: +31 (0)77 777 7725
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: