Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigerian potato value chain project to commence by June
The Coordinator of the Potato Value Chain Project in Plateau state (Nigeria), Mr. Thaddeus Yelwa, said the project would commence by June, 2017.
Yelwa made the disclosure when Mr. Henry Yunkwap, the Majority Leader, Plateau House of Assembly, visited him in Jos on Thursday.
Thaddeus Yelwa stated, “The potato value chain project will be formally launched in the state by June.”
“This project, to be funded by the AfDB, will cover production to the marketing of the product, and in turn give room for better yield and increase the income of the state.”
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the projects will also cover storage, processing and marketing of potato.
He stated that the project, initially designed to cover the nine potato-producing local government areas, would now cover all the 17 local government areas of the state.
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: