Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Lucien de Wit, Luba Fresh:
"Egypt expects 20% larger grape harvest"
Last week Lucien de Wit of Luba Fresh visited his partners in Egypt to scope out the situation before the start of the grape season. "The rounds past various production areas gave me a good idea that a good quality product can be expected this season. The bunches of grapes are heavier than last year and the 'berry size' will also be larger. In general a production increase of around 20% is expected," says Lucien.
Lucien de Wit visiting Egypt
Luba Fresh will ship the first grapes around 20-25 May, the red Flame variety and the white Sugraone. Lucien de Wit expects the first containers in the first two weeks of June. "Over the coming week producers will start harvesting small volumes. These will mostly be shipped to Russia as the sugar level is still insufficient for the European market."
Production field of Flame seedless in Egypt
Lucien de Wit ships his grapes both by sea and by air, depending on the market situation. At the end of May grapes can mostly be supplied. The expectations for the Egyptian season are good, especially as the market for (white) seedless grapes will be relatively low this year. In the coming week a visit to his partners in Sicily is planned, as the harvest of the Victoria and the Black Magic is starting there.
For more information:
LuciŽn de Wit
Tel: 0031 (0) 77-777 7715
Mob: 0031 (0) 6-41273443
Fax: 0031 (0) 77-777 7725
Publication date: 5/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: