Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- New technology helps reduce strawberry waste
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Oregon and Washington pear growers vote to continue marketing orderThe U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the results of an Oregon and Washington pear producer referendum to continue Federal Marketing Order 927, showing that 97% of fresh pear growers favored a continuation of the marketing order.
Commenting on the results of the referendum vote, Kevin Moffitt, manager of the Fresh Pear Committee of Marketing Order 927 and president and CEO of Pear Bureau Northwest said, “We are pleased to gain the continued support and confidence of our grower members. The industry has been working together for over 85 years to increase the consumption of fresh pears among consumers around the world while supporting the viability and sustainability of the fresh pear growers and orchards.”
The marketing order allows the industry to collect and distribute vital size, grade and availability information throughout the season as well as providing money for important pre and post harvest research as well as funding in support of activities conducted by Pear Bureau Northwest to increase consumption of fresh pears worldwide.
“While consumer behaviors and preferences in produce continually change, we strive to keep pears relevant, providing custom category analysis to retailers and capturing consumer attention with innovative and effective promotions and initiatives,” says Moffitt.
For more information:
Pear Bureau Northwest
Tel: +1 503 652 9720
Publication date: 4/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: