Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- New labs and opportunities for NatureSeal in Europe
Exchange ratesmore »
Mann Packing introduces single-cut leaf line in Canada
Mann Packing has introduced the company's new leaf lettuce line to Canadian markets. Previously under the Simply Singles® banner, the new Single Cut™ line includes Better Romaine™, Better Green Leaf™, Better Red Leaf™, and the company’s proprietary Better Burger Leaf™ lettuces.
The Better Burger Leaf is perfect for sandwiches, burgers and wraps. It has the crunchy texture of iceberg lettuce with the frilly appearance of green leaf. The Better Romaine, Better Green Leaf and Better Red Leaf can easily be chopped for salads or used whole in a variety of dishes.
The hand-cut leafy lettuces fit perfectly in a newly modified atmospheric tray, which allows for fresher product throughout its 16-18 day shelf life. For fresher flavor, the whole line of better-for-you lettuces are washed and ready to use, convenient and multiuse, preservative free and verified non-GMO. All lettuces are grown on a family farm in the U.S.
The new labels for each of the single-cut whole leaf products bear the Mann’s logo, are similar in design, and use color to differentiate each variety. The color palette and typeface are approachable and appeal to millennial consumers. On the back of each label consumers will find simple preparation and usage suggestions.
“We’re thrilled to offer our single-cut leaf line to Canadian customers,” said Gina Nucci, director of corporate marketing. Nucci added, “Responding to consumers’ demand for fresh options, this line was developed to deliver the variety, value and the quality Mann’s is known for. We are excited and optimistic to introduce these products, and look forward to an enthusiastic consumer reaction."
The new Single Cut™ line is available now to Canadian customers and will be showcased at CPMA, May 9-11, in booth #1320.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: