Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bananas and potatoes were the top selling items in US for 2016
According to the Nielsen Perishables Group, in the US bananas were the top selling item in 2016 with 4,641 units sold per store per week. Potatoes were the second top seller with 3,578 units sold per store per week.
As far as dollar sales go berries, packaged salads, apples, citrus and grapes were the top five produce categories. In 2016 grocery shoppers were also more interested in melons and beans, which had higher unit sales of 10.6% and 25% last year.
As fresh produce sales keep increasing so does the popularity of the produce department in grocery stores. According to Grocery Headquarters' annual State of the Industry Almanac, the produce department is still the most trafficked area in the grocery store.
Publication date: 4/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: