Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Two ginger processors caught using bleaching powder in IndiaIn the Shivamogga district in India, sulphur and calcium hypochlorite, also known as bleaching powder, are used to enhance the brightness of ginger which could pose a risk to the health of people in the district.
According to the Food Safety Act, the usage of the chemicals is an offence. Exposure to these chemicals is causing breathing problems and skin allergy among residents in the vicinity of the processing units.
District Health Officer Rajesh Suragihalli told The Hindu that in the wake of complaints of health problems from residents, samples from two processing units were taken in the district. Traces of sulphur and calcium hypochlorite were found in the samples. Based on the report, the department had directed the police to shut down the two units, he said.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: