Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Last hurdle has been overcome
Fyffes take-over is finalised
The High Court agreed to the take-over purchase of Fyffes on Thursday. With that, the deal has overcome all the necessary hurdles and can be finalised. Earlier, the shareholders of Fyffes and the European competition watchdogs voted in favour of the deal. The Japanese Sumitomo will take over the Irish banana giant for 751 million euro.
On 2 March, the shareholders will be paid their money. Shares can no longer be traded as of today. Additionally, they will receive a two per cent dividend over last year’s results. David McCann and the other high-level managers will remain at the company for now, and will therefore be given an amount of three million euro to divide amongst themselves.
Source: The Irish Times
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: