Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Greenhouses involve a great investment, but yield good results"
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- Edible ink allows invisible label printing on fruit
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Green dates become popular in Yongde CountyThe harvest of green dates is imminent in Yongde county and eager buyers are gathering in swarms.
"The green dates here are big in size and taste very sweet, that's why they are really popular in the market now." Explained Mr. Zhang Taiwei, a local grower. Due to the promising market prospects, he grew a total of 1.7 hectares of green dates and it turned out to be a great success.
"The green dates are sold at 10 Yuan per kilo, and now I have generated a turnover of 30,000 Yuan." Said Mr. Zhang Taiwei happily. Even though the harvest volume of his green dates are not that high this year, as the trees were newly planted, as time goes by, the harvest volume will increase and so will his revenues.
The green date is a top quality fruit from tropical and subtropical areas. Its juicy flavor and sweet taste make it a hit on the market. Moreover, the level of its nutrients, vitamins and micro-elements is also very high. In recent years, thanks to plenty sunlight and its rich soil, the goverment in Yongde county has taken great initiatives to develop the green date industry, so that the people can get a financial income from their fields.
Publication date: 2/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: