Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: La Linea Verde focuses on service content
We often read that vegetables and vegetarian or vegan eating habits are becoming increasingly popular. While it can be just a fad, it is also true that, if consumers are pleased, the trend can consolidate.
This is the opinion of La Linea Verde, well-known in the fresh-cut and pre-cooked sectors thanks to its Dimmidisì range and a supplier for multiple private labels.
During Fruit Logistica 2017, we discussed the matter with Valérie Hoff, Marketing and Communications Manager for La Linea Verde. "The service content has become a discriminating factor. For example, looking at salads, we can see bowls with condiments and cutlery are becoming more popular than classic bags. It's not possible to be successful without providing a service and good flavours."
New packaging for Dimmidisì salads. The word Sì stands out in a matte/shiny frame.
The turnover, which reached €225 million in 2016 (higher than 2015 and with 30% generated by sales abroad), is a testimony to the success of this strategy. Today, La Linea Verde's fresh salads and soups are available in many European countries: Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Serbia, Poland and Lithuania.
"Thanks to our experience, we are leaders in the fresh-cut and ready-to-eat sector as well as the main Italian producer of fresh fruit. We also hold the GlobalGAP, BRC and IFS certifications and comply with the UNI EN ISO 9001 quality, integrated and organic production, traceability (UNI EN ISO 22005), and environmental (ISO 14001) certification systems. We are also particularly proud to be part of Sedex-Smeta for what concerns social responsibility".
Talking to consumers
The new packaging for the bagged salad range was also presented at Fruit Logistica 2017 (see photo above). Specific words, easy to locate and to understand, describe the content (Dimmidisì ...ogni giorno, ...al gusto, ...alla semplicità, ...ai freschi da cuocere, etc.).
"This way, we can have an immediate connection with consumers. We can also suggest recipes and advise them on how to prepare the salads by adding the photo of a dish on the bag."
For further information: www.lalineaverde.it
Publication date: 2/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here