Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: La Linea Verde focuses on service content
We often read that vegetables and vegetarian or vegan eating habits are becoming increasingly popular. While it can be just a fad, it is also true that, if consumers are pleased, the trend can consolidate.
This is the opinion of La Linea Verde, well-known in the fresh-cut and pre-cooked sectors thanks to its Dimmidisì range and a supplier for multiple private labels.
During Fruit Logistica 2017, we discussed the matter with Valérie Hoff, Marketing and Communications Manager for La Linea Verde. "The service content has become a discriminating factor. For example, looking at salads, we can see bowls with condiments and cutlery are becoming more popular than classic bags. It's not possible to be successful without providing a service and good flavours."
New packaging for Dimmidisì salads. The word Sì stands out in a matte/shiny frame.
The turnover, which reached €225 million in 2016 (higher than 2015 and with 30% generated by sales abroad), is a testimony to the success of this strategy. Today, La Linea Verde's fresh salads and soups are available in many European countries: Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Serbia, Poland and Lithuania.
"Thanks to our experience, we are leaders in the fresh-cut and ready-to-eat sector as well as the main Italian producer of fresh fruit. We also hold the GlobalGAP, BRC and IFS certifications and comply with the UNI EN ISO 9001 quality, integrated and organic production, traceability (UNI EN ISO 22005), and environmental (ISO 14001) certification systems. We are also particularly proud to be part of Sedex-Smeta for what concerns social responsibility".
Talking to consumers
The new packaging for the bagged salad range was also presented at Fruit Logistica 2017 (see photo above). Specific words, easy to locate and to understand, describe the content (Dimmidisì ...ogni giorno, ...al gusto, ...alla semplicità, ...ai freschi da cuocere, etc.).
"This way, we can have an immediate connection with consumers. We can also suggest recipes and advise them on how to prepare the salads by adding the photo of a dish on the bag."
For further information: www.lalineaverde.it
Publication date: 2/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here