Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Probiotics in salads probed as solution to Salmonella outbreaks in bagged mixesThe world's longest commercial flight, from Qatar to NZ, has touched down for the first time in Auckland.
'We've officially landed in New Zealand, the 'Land of the Long White Cloud,'' Qatar Airlines tweeted as the 16-hours-and-20-minute-long flight from Doha arrived in Auckland after passing over 10 time zones, five countries and covering a distance of 14,535 kilometres.
According to the airline, the flight is operated by four pilots and 15 cabin crew who serve around 1,100 cups of tea and coffee, 2000 cold drinks and 1036 meals during the flight.
The daily service provides a freight capacity of 116 cargo tonnes per week, equivalent to 1,162 sheep or 5,263 kiwifruit.
New Zealand's Trade Minister Todd McClay welcomed the inaugural flight saying the service would boost trade and tourism.
'The new Auckland - Doha service will not only provide more options and connections for business and leisure travellers, but will also provide additional freight capacity, which will support New Zealand exporters getting their fresh product to the Middle East and beyond,' McClay said.
Publication date: 2/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: