Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Probiotics in salads probed as solution to Salmonella outbreaks in bagged mixesThe world's longest commercial flight, from Qatar to NZ, has touched down for the first time in Auckland.
'We've officially landed in New Zealand, the 'Land of the Long White Cloud,'' Qatar Airlines tweeted as the 16-hours-and-20-minute-long flight from Doha arrived in Auckland after passing over 10 time zones, five countries and covering a distance of 14,535 kilometres.
According to the airline, the flight is operated by four pilots and 15 cabin crew who serve around 1,100 cups of tea and coffee, 2000 cold drinks and 1036 meals during the flight.
The daily service provides a freight capacity of 116 cargo tonnes per week, equivalent to 1,162 sheep or 5,263 kiwifruit.
New Zealand's Trade Minister Todd McClay welcomed the inaugural flight saying the service would boost trade and tourism.
'The new Auckland - Doha service will not only provide more options and connections for business and leisure travellers, but will also provide additional freight capacity, which will support New Zealand exporters getting their fresh product to the Middle East and beyond,' McClay said.
Publication date: 2/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: