Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pilot Kazakhstan refrigerated container train arrives in RussiaA KTZ pilot refrigerated container train that will cross the territory of Kazakhstan to reach the Russian market, has delivered Uzbek fruit and vegetable products.
The route passed through Uzbekistan from Samarkand city, then through the Kazakhstan cities of Almaty and Semey, with access to the territory of Russia and the border station Lokot.
The special container, which is maintained at a particular temperature for the carriage of perishable goods, arrived at its destination in 5 days. The average distance on the territory of Kazakhstan amounted to about 1,000 km a day, and on the territory of Russia 300 km per day.
“Work on the fruit and vegetable transport from Uzbekistan to Russia and Kazakhstan started in December 2016. A pilot project using one 45-foot refrigerated autonomous container was launched with the purpose of a logistics study,” Director of the Department of container transportation of JSC “KTZ Express”, A. Karimov said.
He noted that it was important to hold these pilot programs to test the transit and transport potential of Kazakhstan.
Publication date: 2/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: