Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Fruiterers Conference to focus on future difficulties for fruit & vegA decade after its last conference, the fresh produce industry’s livery company The Worshipful Company of Fruiterers will present another interactive conference and networking event in March. Recognizing the unique global political, economic and social landscapes within which the fruit and vegetable trades are now operating, the March 16th conference will run under the title ‘Navigating turbulence in the produce supply chain and beyond’.
The event will take place at 1 Great George Street, Westminster, and the organizers have put together a series of eminent speakers from the public and private sectors. From an opening session, delivered by the Rt Hon Michael Jack CBE, through a schedule featuring industry luminaries, including Andrew Burgess, John Shropshire OBE and Tony Reynolds, to a concluding session from Dr Clive Black of Shore Capital, the day will explore issues from the changing climate to the living wage, and the validity of investing in the produce industry, to the ever-changing consumer psyche.
The goal of the conference is to give attendees a wider perspective on the current state of the industry, its future potential and their role in it, says Dennis Surgeon, who will open the conference as the incumbent Master of the Worshipful Company of Fruiterers.
“The Company attracts members from all walks of life and it is this mix of interests and skills which creates a vibrant and relevant organization that retains its historic character and style but is aware of the need to continually refresh its outlook and membership with new thinking and energy."
"We are not about to become a regular event organizer, as we do not see this as a primary area of focus. However, it is a matter of pride that the Company acts as a catalyst for the fruit industry, enabling different sectors to come together at events and social gatherings, and 10 years after the previous conference, which took place when Will Sibley was Master, we believe that now is the right time to provide the information and conversation that sparks a new period of ingenuity and creativity to move this great industry forward through troubled waters."
For more information:
Publication date: 1/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: