Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Real continues to expand permaculture commitmentMore and more customers attach great importance to ecologically produced foods and appreciate having a range of sustainable products available at supermarkets. Accordingly, Real, as a pioneer in large-scale German food retailing, has been offering fruits and vegetables from permaculture cultivation for two years.
Permaculture is a special form of organic farming. Fruit and vegetables are cultivated in harmony with nature and follow certain principles which are said to benefit both man and nature. Depending on the season, Real customers can receive pomegranates, kumquats, oranges, avocados, onions, radishes, carrots, endives, baby spinach or lettuce - all grown using permaculture. "At the end of 2014, we started with only a few products as we wanted to start by looking at the fruit and vegetable varieties. Now, after a successful introduction, the offer is to be expanded and made known", says Patrick Müller-Sarmiento, CEO of Real.
A special Permaculture Advisory Board has now been set up, which will promote further development. "We were able to attract high-ranking experts for our permaculture commitment. This shows Real as a credible pioneer of social development, which causes customers to put more emphasis on sustainably cultivated fruit and vegetables", says Michaela Uphues, departmental director of corporate responsibility/CSR.
Members of the Permaculture Advisory Board are as follows: Dr. Immo Fiebrig, permaculture researcher at Coventry University UK, Georg Abel, CEO of Verbraucher Initiativ e.V, and UDO Gattenlöhner, agricultural engineer and managing director of the environmental organisation Global Nature Fund. The independent experts from the fields of science, consumer protection and environmental protection will support Real, not only in the promotion of permaculture, but also in helping to establish adequate standards for new permaculture suppliers and products.
Publication date: 12/23/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: