Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Juan Soler, manager of Inter Terra
"You need a lot of experience with kakis for their organic production and sale"
In order to diversify its kaki supply, Inter Terra, the marketing company of Grupo Medina based in Lepe, Huelva, has started supplying organic Rojo Brillante kakis this campaign.
"The production of kakis of the Rojo Brillante variety has been growing a lot in Spain and in the rest of the world and we believe that it is also important to offer an environmentally-sustainable product," explains Juan Soler, manager of the Andalusian firm.
Producing and marketing organic kakis is not an easy task and there are few in the sector who succeed. "The fruit is susceptible to diseases and adverse weather conditions, and it also requires a broad commercial knowledge. We have been cultivating and marketing kakis for more than thirty years and this know-how has been key to being able to explore this new line of business."
The firm points out that this first organic kaki campaign is achieving a notable success; good news that will certainly encourage the managers of Inter Terra to continue with their plans to increase their organic production. "We are assuming this effort considering that it is aimed at an audience that we know appreciates it," he affirms.
The organic kakis, which are marketed under the Medina brand, are currently intended for the European markets, although Inter Terra continues its research to extend the fruit's shelf life to be able to ship it overseas.
This line of organic kakis is a complement to the conventional kaki production of Grupo Medina, which is internationally renowned by its brand Sharoni®. "As always, the market follows with interest the steps of Grupo Medina, a leading name in the sector which is further consolidating its place at the forefront of kaki research, production and marketing," he concludes.
For more information:
Finca Valdeluz-Ctra Huelva-Ayamonte km122
Lepe, Huelva. Spain
T: +34 959383126
Publication date: 12/23/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: