Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- New technology helps reduce strawberry waste
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Myanmar's ag sector invites Filipino investments
A Myanmar agriculture magnate has invited Filipino firms to explore potential investment opportunities in the country. Myanmar’s Yoma Strategic Holdings Co. Ltd (YSHCL) Agriculture Group Chairman, Tin Htut Oo, assured Filipino companies that, starting next year, Myanmar will be a highly favorable investment destination in Asia with its new aggressive market-oriented foreign policy.
A new law in Myanmar now allows companies to be 100-percent foreign owned.
Speaking as an awardee of the D.L.Umali Award of the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), Oo said this policy will already have a set of implementing rules by 2017.
He said that investors could invest in coconut and banana plantation in his country.
“You are successful in coconut [in which] you have downstream businesses. We’re not utilizing coconut as much as the Philippines. It’s not a commercial crop. Filipino entrepreneurs can turn our industry [into a commercial one],” he further said.
SEARCA Director Gil Saguiguit Jr. said in the same briefing that both Myanmar and the Philippines can have partnerships that can take advantage of the prevailing ASEAN economic integration.
Publication date: 11/28/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: