Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
PrimePro® now used for irradiation process on food from Peru
Chantler Packaging Inc., a leader in engineered food packaging solutions, is announcing that for the first time, PrimePro® Shelf Life Extension packaging is being used for food going through irradiation, from Peru.
The Canadian packaging firm developed the new format when Gateway America identified the need for ethylene absorbing film for irradiation. They procured PrimePro® carton liners, with specialized venting, for mangoes being shipped from the Dominican Republic as well as pomegranates and figs from Peru to the United States.
Through recent years, Chantler Packaging Inc. worked to engineer new formats for PrimePro® technology to accommodate a wide variety of commodities and shipping conditions. “We are thrilled with the success of the shipments using PrimePro® irradiation bags,” says Ryan Hollingsworth, VP of Operations at Gateway America.
“It has provided huge benefits for our customers in various countries wanting to reach the North American market, allowing them to export efficiently with no hassle”.
The PrimePro® irradiation bags have a specialized micro-perforation pattern which allow for venting but also for effective sealing. “The micro-perfs are appropriately placed so it doesn’t interfere with the sealing”, Hollingsworth explains. “PrimePro® bags don’t tear from the vent holes so the packing is faster”.
When approached with the scenario, Chantler Packaging Inc. reviewed the FDA’s food irradiation regulations for packaging and ensured that PrimePro® followed all standards described in CFR 179.45. Additionally, the material is OMRI Listed, allowing it to be used in organic food processing and handling according to USDA.
“We take food safety very seriously here for all our products,” explains Mohsin Masud, Senior Account Executive at Chantler Packaging Inc.
“Even our facilities go through rigorous processes to make sure everything that comes out of our plant is top quality”.
As Chantler Packaging Inc. prepares for upcoming international trade shows this fall, the firm is excited to discuss helping more companies by combining shelf-life extension with irradiation. “We feel these vented carton liners can make significant improvements for our friends in other countries looking to ship overseas,” suggests Masud.
Today, PrimePro® shelf life extension technology continues to be used by growers, shippers, and distributers, internationally, as a convenient solution for ethylene absorbing packaging. It is available in a variety of formats, including pallet covers, sheets, bags, and rollstock and does not require sealing or gassing.
PrimePro® irradiation bag information:
Chantler Packaging Inc.
Tel: 905-274-2654 x 236
Irradiation facilities information:
VP of Operations
Tel: (228) 547-6546
Publication date: 11/1/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: