Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Stationary fresh-cut vegetable salesThe value of fresh-cut vegetable sales in Italy between October 2015 and September 2016 was just below €766 million, i.e. +0.2% with respect to the previous year. This data resulted from an analysis carried out by FreshPlaza in cooperation with IRI, a leading company in the market information, analysis, business intelligence solutions and consultancy sectors.
The sales volume also remained similar to the previous year (+0.0%), just like the number of packets sold (+0.7%).
Fresh-cut vegetables continue to be more popular in north-west Italy, followed by central Italy, Sardinia and the north-east. Southern Italy is last, though it is the only area where sales increased by more than 1% (+3.9%), while they have dropped elsewhere and only recorded +0.1% in the north-west.
The situation is similar when talking about volumes. There was a 0.3% increase in the north-west, while there was a 3.6% drop in central Italy and Sardinia. Southern Italy registered a 3.6% growth, while the north-east saw an increase in volumes sold of 2.3%. If compared with the drop in sales in the same area, this last data means that there was probably a drop in average sales prices.
Salads remain the more popular product, followed at a distance by ready-to-cook and raw vegetables. These are in turn followed by herbs, snacks and aperitifs.
If we consider packaging, the most popular format are bags, with a drop of just 0.4%, followed by punnets and bowls. The latter grew by 22.1% in value, while flowpacks dropped by 14.9%.
Publication date: 10/28/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here