Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Past five years positive for fresh-cut salad
According to a report drafted by the Fondosviluppo S.p.A., the Study and Research Department for Confcooperative, the Department for Development Policies, and the Office for Internationalisation and Market policies, the fresh-cut salad market performed very well in the past five years (2010-2015).
Total volume sales have increased by 9.9%. going from the 95.8 thousand tons of 2010 to the 105.3 thousand of 2015, while the total value increased by 10.1% from €780 million to almost €859 million.
Total sales volumes are expected to keep growing, with a 7.5% growth (i.e. 113,2 thousand tons) in 2020.
The value should instead decrease by 3.8% with a significant drop in prices due to the numerous special offers and discounts applied by distributors and considering that such products are a reference for private labels.
Source: 'Le insalate di quarta gamma-mercati e tendenze', Ottobre 2016 in Export & Mercati, Vol. 10.
Dipartimento per le Politiche di Sviluppo
Ufficio per le Politiche di Internazionalizzazione e Mercati
Borgo Santo Spirito 78, 00193 Roma
Tel.: (+39) 06 680001
Publication date: 10/14/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here