Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Past five years positive for fresh-cut salad
According to a report drafted by the Fondosviluppo S.p.A., the Study and Research Department for Confcooperative, the Department for Development Policies, and the Office for Internationalisation and Market policies, the fresh-cut salad market performed very well in the past five years (2010-2015).
Total volume sales have increased by 9.9%. going from the 95.8 thousand tons of 2010 to the 105.3 thousand of 2015, while the total value increased by 10.1% from €780 million to almost €859 million.
Total sales volumes are expected to keep growing, with a 7.5% growth (i.e. 113,2 thousand tons) in 2020.
The value should instead decrease by 3.8% with a significant drop in prices due to the numerous special offers and discounts applied by distributors and considering that such products are a reference for private labels.
Source: 'Le insalate di quarta gamma-mercati e tendenze', Ottobre 2016 in Export & Mercati, Vol. 10.
Dipartimento per le Politiche di Sviluppo
Ufficio per le Politiche di Internazionalizzazione e Mercati
Borgo Santo Spirito 78, 00193 Roma
Tel.: (+39) 06 680001
Publication date: 10/14/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here