Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Past five years positive for fresh-cut salad
According to a report drafted by the Fondosviluppo S.p.A., the Study and Research Department for Confcooperative, the Department for Development Policies, and the Office for Internationalisation and Market policies, the fresh-cut salad market performed very well in the past five years (2010-2015).
Total volume sales have increased by 9.9%. going from the 95.8 thousand tons of 2010 to the 105.3 thousand of 2015, while the total value increased by 10.1% from €780 million to almost €859 million.
Total sales volumes are expected to keep growing, with a 7.5% growth (i.e. 113,2 thousand tons) in 2020.
The value should instead decrease by 3.8% with a significant drop in prices due to the numerous special offers and discounts applied by distributors and considering that such products are a reference for private labels.
Source: 'Le insalate di quarta gamma-mercati e tendenze', Ottobre 2016 in Export & Mercati, Vol. 10.
Dipartimento per le Politiche di Sviluppo
Ufficio per le Politiche di Internazionalizzazione e Mercati
Borgo Santo Spirito 78, 00193 Roma
Tel.: (+39) 06 680001
Publication date: 10/14/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here