Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Almost 50% sales increase with new display islandAfter retailers voiced a need for the ability to market their fruit and vegetables, flowers, plants and herbs in a more effective way, Austrian company Pack'nlog came up with a solution, which is both an affordable and adaptable way to display fresh produce to fit any campaign.
The Mobile Presentation Island is a system which allows retailers to present fruit and vegetables in plastic, cardboard or wooden crates. It is compatible with all kinds of standard packaging. Customers are able to customise the system to fit their needs, they only need the frames, and then are flexible to change the cardboard bands at the bottom of the stand when there is a new marketing campaign or season. The island can also be taken apart and takes very little room for storage.
"The greatest benefit is that the customer is able to portray their message on a large area. When people are using the pooling crates, they often said that it was almost impossible to find a way to market their goods, which showed us that there was a need for something to suit this purpose. It is also quite economical because buying a new cardboard ring can be done for a little amount of money." shared Managing Director Franz Leisch.
The island is currently available all over Europe and testing has started with major retailers in Poland. The displays are currently present in the Benelux, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and distribution partner Cabka is distributing the Pack’nlog Mobile Presentation Island in the UK.
In France, retailers shared that sales for their organic fruits and vegetables increased by almost 50% when they started using the Mobile Presentation Island. Before that, organic products had been placed next to traditional and it was difficult for the customer to distinguish between the two. By giving organics their own area, it helps draw attention to the products and clearly marks them for consumers.
Along with marketing specific and seasonal produce, it is also a good way to present specific brands.
"Besides retailers like COOP in Germany, we have customers from the fruit and vegetable production side who would like to present their products in retail stores with their logo, brand and message for that particular time. It's built quickly and folds away compactly when not in use. We are going to continue development. It is has endless opportunities and there are various ways for the customers to set up their displays." said Leisch.
Pack'nlog continues to develop and has been also looking at markets outside of Europe such as South Africa, Canada and South America. The company will be presenting the system at the Food and Hospitality exhibition in Shanghai.
For more information:
Tel: +43 (0)732370480
Fax: +43 (0)732370482
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: