- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Potato Europe 2018: Focus on seeds, machinery and storage technology
- Major study of kiwifruit pollination wins NZ government funding
- Hurricane Florence to hit late tomatoes, corn and strawberries in North Carolina
- Positive news for growers within fruit fly control zones
- Fresh processor introduces retail packaging featuring TV show branding for preschoolers
Almost 50% sales increase with new display island
The Mobile Presentation Island is a system which allows retailers to present fruit and vegetables in plastic, cardboard or wooden crates. It is compatible with all kinds of standard packaging. Customers are able to customise the system to fit their needs, they only need the frames, and then are flexible to change the cardboard bands at the bottom of the stand when there is a new marketing campaign or season. The island can also be taken apart and takes very little room for storage.
"The greatest benefit is that the customer is able to portray their message on a large area. When people are using the pooling crates, they often said that it was almost impossible to find a way to market their goods, which showed us that there was a need for something to suit this purpose. It is also quite economical because buying a new cardboard ring can be done for a little amount of money." shared Managing Director Franz Leisch.
The island is currently available all over Europe and testing has started with major retailers in Poland. The displays are currently present in the Benelux, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and distribution partner Cabka is distributing the Pack’nlog Mobile Presentation Island in the UK.
In France, retailers shared that sales for their organic fruits and vegetables increased by almost 50% when they started using the Mobile Presentation Island. Before that, organic products had been placed next to traditional and it was difficult for the customer to distinguish between the two. By giving organics their own area, it helps draw attention to the products and clearly marks them for consumers.
Along with marketing specific and seasonal produce, it is also a good way to present specific brands.
"Besides retailers like COOP in Germany, we have customers from the fruit and vegetable production side who would like to present their products in retail stores with their logo, brand and message for that particular time. It's built quickly and folds away compactly when not in use. We are going to continue development. It is has endless opportunities and there are various ways for the customers to set up their displays." said Leisch.
Pack'nlog continues to develop and has been also looking at markets outside of Europe such as South Africa, Canada and South America. The company will be presenting the system at the Food and Hospitality exhibition in Shanghai.
For more information:
Tel: +43 (0)732370480
Fax: +43 (0)732370482
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 California to build first large-scale water storage after 40 years
- 09/21/2018 Australian Prime Minister: ‘Drought summit not just quick fixes’
- 09/21/2018 Food and agriculture grants boost asparagus business
- 09/21/2018 Tips for grocers to overcome barriers
- 09/21/2018 Croatian government want to halve VAT on fruit & vegetables
- 09/20/2018 Wisconsin: Cranberry farmers will dump 25 percent of their harvest
- 09/20/2018 Support package for customers impacted by fruit contamination
- 09/20/2018 'US dollar to anchor Zimbabwe economic recovery'
- 09/20/2018 US crops threatened
- 09/20/2018 Australia: Report on blueberry rust Tasmania
- 09/20/2018 Peru will facilitate imports and exports with the United States
- 09/20/2018 Brazil holds interest rates
- 09/19/2018 President of Accsea: “Naples and Salerno must work together on trade”
- 09/19/2018 Permits for 51 vegetable traders Kathmandu market revoked
- 09/19/2018 Jordan: Agri industry representatives praise tax exemptions
- 09/19/2018 British farms may get special pass to hire migrant workers
- 09/19/2018 US: Forty-four States allowed households to apply online for SNAP benefits in 2016
- 09/19/2018 USDA announces $102.7 million investment to expand markets for specialty crop and other farmers
- 09/19/2018 UK: LEAF welcomes launch of new Agriculture Bill
- 09/19/2018 Costa Rican government and unions willing to start a dialogue to end the strike