Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- Panama: The first industrial commercial nursery certified to produce and export seedlings
Exchange ratesmore »
Agribologna: Fresh-cut fruit is growing, especially in retail shops"All the fresh-cut branches are growing, more than we expected", Paolo Mariani, marketing manager of Consorzio Agribologna, says. "It seems that people have overcome the economic crisis", he adds.
Agribologna staff at Macfrut. From left to right: Marco Guidi, Emilio Colombini, Monica Stepien, Paolo Mariani e Andrea Cacciari.
"The Con Più Energia e Gusto line, packed pineapple and coconut, fruit salads have grown. Seasonal fruit mixes have been so successful that they are in the top ten chart of sales of Fresco Senso brand (fresh-cut line of Agribologna, editor's note). A good trend also for Stikki, which is now traded without seasonings in the packaging".
"Con Più Energia e Gusto" products from "Fresco Senso" line.
Italians have re-evaluated fresh-cut products not only because they have more money but also because consumption times and places have changed. "People eat at work and large-scale distributors should understand that they'd better set up small shops with catering areas rather than supermarkets. Consumers have been buying Fresco Senso products especially in retailer shops and the range displayed has been even widened", Marketing manager of Agribologna explains.
Consorzio Agribologna S.c.a.
Via delle Viti, 5
40127 Bologna (BO) - Italia
Tel.: (+39) 051 994 1200
Fax: (+39) 051 994 1220
Publication date: 9/29/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here