Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia bans imports from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Russia has banned the import of products from Bosnia and Herzegovina as they are considered a "high phytosanitary risk". The imports volumes of such products were said to have increased, but Sarajevo did not provide Moscow with information concerning the plant health control system and would not allow a delegation from Moscow to carry out checks.
From August 4, Rosselkhoznadzor introduced temporary restrictions on the import of "high phytosanitary risk products" to Russia from Bosnia and Herzegovina. Importing products from Bosnia and Herzegovina to Russia via third countries is also not allowed. Goods shipped before August 4 may be allowed to be imported after "supervisory measures and laboratory investigations."
Rosselkhoznadzor explained that the volume of quarantined products imported into Russia from Bosnia and Herzegovina had increased. However, Russia was not provided with information about the country’s quarantine system and phytosanitary control measures. Moreover, the management of Plant Protection at Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations refused to accept a Russian delegation to familiarise them with the system.
Publication date: 8/9/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: