- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
South Africa: Navel export taking shape
Navels however, are available as harvest started 2-3 weeks ago and demand is good. Gary Britz from Ele Trading said they were starting to get a bit of cold weather which is very important for colour development.
"There are lots going into Canada, UK and the EU where the demand is good and the Middle East is still good prior to Ramadan.
Some people have already started Valencias, but the big volumes will start in around 2-3 weeks and prices are pretty much the same in comparison to last year but the exchange rate is giving a slight advantage to the growers and exporters.
Spain and Turkey finished their citrus seasons early leaving a clear European market but according to Gary the consumer is not prepared to pay more for a Navel or Valencia, they would rather leave it and buy something else so prices will be around the same as last year.
Valencias from the North East of the county are sizing up nicely, there are a lot of 48's, 56's and 64's, fruit from the Western Cape is a bit smaller.
Rain is still short in the country, there has been some but they are still in a drought situation and while temperatures are coming down, they should be lower at this time of the year and more rain is still needed.
For more information:
Tel: +27 21 976 0604
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Spain: EU to continue monitoring Turkish lemon arrivals
- 09/21/2018 Given the increased production of citrus, Spain plans to increase exports outside Europe
- 09/21/2018 Spain: Murcia demands more control in the arrival of citrus to Cartagena
- 09/21/2018 "Small sizes affect companies which package mandarins with leaves"
- 09/21/2018 Yunnan early-season tangerine demand exceeds supply
- 09/21/2018 Mexico: Jalisco, one of the main producers of Persian limes
- 09/21/2018 Spain: "In this campaign, persimmon producers mustn't rush to sell their product"
- 09/21/2018 Potential breakthrough could help against citrus greening
- 09/21/2018 Australia: Canker breakthrough
- 09/20/2018 Spain: A project to fight against fraud and varietal piracy in citrus fruits
- 09/20/2018 Spain: Castellon will harvest nearly 15% more citrus
- 09/20/2018 Drop in Sicilian citrus fruit production for processing expected
- 09/20/2018 Spain: Man is accused of defrauding citrus owners of 200,000 euros
- 09/20/2018 Argentina to import Tahiti limes from Colombia
- 09/20/2018 Rain in Mexico threatens steady lime supplies
- 09/19/2018 Indonesia concludes FTA negotiations with Australia
- 09/19/2018 "First Spanish mandarins eagerly snatched up after messy overseas season"
- 09/19/2018 Does this video show a Lemon-Pomegranate hybrid?
- 09/18/2018 ‘CUPS’ protects citrus from greening and storms
- 09/17/2018 Egypt: Jana Fresh intends to set up fruits export terminal next year