Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico hopes to increase exports to Arab countries
José Calzada, the Secretary of Agriculture, Cattle breeding, Rural development, Fishing and Feeding (Sagarpa) reports that Mexico expects to substantially increase its exports to Arab countries. He will head a trade mission to four Arab counties.
In a press conference Calzada estimated Mexican agrifood exports to the region will grow 50 percent per year and reach a billion dollars in the next decade.
Calzada assured that Mexico is capable of competing and having a considerable growth in that market, where they import 45 billion dollars in food products.
At present, though, Mexico participates with less than one percent.
The Federal Secretary expects to promote Mexican agricultural products like beef, avocado, strawberries, lemon, grapes, honey, sea products, canned food, fruits and vegetables.
Another objective, he pointed out, is to establish a distribution center in any of these countries, so Mexican products arrive fresh.
Publication date: 5/17/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: