Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria is world's biggest cassava producer
Nigeria's Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr Audu Ogbeh, reports that the country has become the largest producer of cassava in the world, with an annual output of 45 million metric tons.
Ogbeh said that more than 35 improved varieties of cassava had been developed and registered in Nigeria.
"These varieties had increased the production of cassava to make Nigeria the largest producer of cassava in the world with an annual output of 45 million metric tons", he said.
According to him, flour mills are being encouraged to substitute at least 10 per cent high quality cassava flour for wheat flour. He applauded Master Bakers for their positive response to Government's policy towards this direction.
He said that Federal Government would sustain its demand for inclusion of high quality cassava flour in bread in the country.
Publication date: 3/31/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: