Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pinabar pineapple peeler machines for large Dutch supermarket
Piñabar first introduced its instore pineapple
peeler in 2012 and is now on its way to
establish a firm base in its country of origin,
the Netherlands, after installing machines for
Albert Heijn and Jumbo. Furthermore the number
of pineapple peelers will grow in Spain at hypermarket giant Carrefour.
In the period following the first introduction some ten machines have been installed. COOP and PLUS, were the first Dutch retailers who invested in Piñabar. After a phase of testing and developing, the pineapple peeler is ready for a ramp up in production and sales.
The added value for the supermarkets is predominantly found in the ease for the consumer, who no longer needs to peel and clean the fruit. Now it is possible to get a freshly peeled pineapple in 20 seconds, in packaging, into their shopping carts.
The customer experience in the store is becoming more important. With a wide array of products and the ease of delivery you get with online shopping, the primary reason for a consumer to come to a physical store is the experience. That experience on the shop floor is what the Piñabar is made for. With the development of an instore concept Dutch Food Technology wants to facilitate retailers with experience.
In Spain the Piñabar was an instant success. The hypermarket Carrefour has had two machines on trial and placed them in the south of the country. The Piñabar increased sales of pineapples with more than 80%.
Partly because of this, the French retailer in Spain made a purchase order for a dozen new machines in the first quarter of this year. The number of machines is set to quadruple in Spain before the end of 2016. Furthermore the door is open to expand to other countries Carrefour is active in.
For more information:
Dutch Food Technology
Tel:+31 (0) 475 39 62 92
Publication date: 2/18/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: