Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Iceland: Reykjavik’s ban on Israeli imports limited to the capital
A day after the decision of the Council of Iceland's capital, Reykjavik, to impose a complete ban on products from Israel, the Foreign Ministry made it clear that the state of Iceland is not behind the decision taken by the local council. Speaking to Channel 2 News Online, ministry spokesperson Aordor Gonarsdotir said that "the city council's decision does not reflect Iceland's relations with Israel."
"Reykjavik city council is only one of Iceland's 74 local authorities," explained Gonarsdotir. "As in other municipalities, the Reykjavik City Council may formulate policies relating to its domestic affairs, including its procurement policies, as long as they adhere to national legislation."
Iceland's Foreign Ministry said that the country imports small amounts of fruits and vegetables, as well as equipment and machinery. They said Israeli imports last year totalled $ 6 million dollars.
Publication date: 9/21/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: