Job offersmore »
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Sakata Seed sponsors Tour de Fresh riderFor the second year in a row, Sakata Seed America is sponsoring a rider in the Tour de Fresh, presented by the California Giant Foundation, leading up to the PMA Fresh Summit Conference this October in Atlanta. This year’s riders will tackle a 300 mile, four-day ride with a goal of raising funds for over 100 new salad bars for school districts across the country in conjunction with the Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools campaign.
For the 2015 ride, Sakata is sponsoring rider, Brock Nemecek, who is more than ready to raise funds for salad bars, as well as raise awareness for Sakata’s new and exciting produce item, Infinite Gold cantaloupe. Infinite Gold was recently launched at the PMA Foodservice Conference in July, where attendees sampled recipes that incorporated the intense flavor of the long shelf life cantaloupe in drinks and snacks. Brock and Sakata have pledged a goal of $6,000, enough to donate two salad bars to schools.
“I’m so excited to be riding in my second Tour de Fresh on behalf of Sakata and Infinite Gold cantaloupes! This year, I’m raising funds for both Martinez School District in northern California and the Irving Independent School District near my home in Dallas, TX. The gratification of finishing a pretty grueling 4-day ride like the Tour de Fresh is topped only by the fact that, as a result of our efforts, thousands of students will benefit from increased access to fresh fruits and vegetables every day at school,” says Brock.
To support Brock and efforts to bring healthy eating programs to schools across America, please visit the Tour de Fresh website and select Brock Nemecek on the Riders page.
For more information:
Sakata Seed America, Inc.
Tel: +1 408-782-5391
Fax: +1 408-778-7768
Publication date: 9/2/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: