Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hessing takes over Van Gorp GreenfoodThe Dutch fresh production company Hessing Supervers has taken over Van Gorp Greenfood with mutual consent. Van Gorp Greenfood is located in Belfeld, in the municipality of Venlo; they deliver fresh-cut lettuce and vegetables, especially to the food service market. As part of the agreement, Hessing will also take over Dutchgrowers, a grower of iceberg lettuce. Neither party has disclosed information regarding the amount of the purchase price.
The annual turnover of Van Gorp Greenfood is about 23 million Euro. Approximately 175 employees will remain in service after the take-over. The current management will continue to lead the company that, as an independent subsidiary, will become part of Hessing BV and its operating companies. The work councils of both companies fully support the take-over.
The take-over of Van Gorp Greenfood and Dutchgrowers offers Hessing an excellent opportunity to strengthen its position in the food service sector, a sector in which Hessing is already very active. "But the supermarket and out-of-home world is and continues to be very active. By playing a role in both worlds, we can easily bring innovations from one channel to another. Suppliers are indeed expected to differentiate themselves. It goes without saying that we, as full partner to our customers, comply with steadily increasing demands when it comes to professionalism and cost leadership. That is exactly why scale growth in the fresh-cut fruit and vegetable market is essential," according to Frank Hessing, director of Hessing Supervers.
Van Gorp Greenfood and Hessing form a match in the eyes of both boards. Frank Hessing: "This step will lead to a more balanced customer portfolio for both organisations and will improve the joint purchasing power as well as operations. Van Gorp is known as an excellent processor of iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers, among others. Next to that, both companies invest in the sustainable growth and processing of vegetables - especially iceberg lettuce - by which a minimal amount of fertilizer, water and pesticides are used."
With an annual turnover of approximately 200 million Euro and sales of approximately 250 million packages per year, family business Hessing is one of the Netherlands' largest processors of fresh-cut fruit and vegetables, fresh salads and fresh juices. Approximately 1,250 people working at five manufacturing sites are employed by Hessing. The company also has its own transport branch. Their fresh products are delivered to various supermarkets in the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and Belgium, and to the European food service industry.
Publication date: 6/10/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here