Job offersmore »
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
- Category Manager - Exports Homebush, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Man enters chilli-eating contest. The chilli won.
- Fresh produce company enters into partnership to help students become farmers
- EC approves Bayer’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- Machinery company opens new Californian customer service facility
- China: The future of retail, premium brands and increased domestic production
Exchange ratesmore »
Agronomia reaches for Austria
Italian producer has ambitious plansImmediately after the completion of the new production facility near Munich for 4,5 Million Euro, Agronomia Food GmbH is going to plan the next big step. “We plan to conquer the Austrian market completely by the middle of 2016. We want to become the market leader in the fresh-cut sector”, Mario Ebel Sales Director for Germany, Austria and Switzerland of Agronomia announces confidently.
Previous big player to face competition
Due to the advance of entering the Austrian Market, they will need to compete with the current big player “LA LINEA VERDE”. The Italian company was the biggest fresh-cut supplier on the Austrian market up to now. Around 65 percent of all sold fresh-cut bags in Austria are from Italian production. “Agronomia is currently working on a concept to revamp and conquer the Austrian market completely”, Mario Ebel explains, “We want to split our two production facilities in Munich and Bergamo, Italy. Due to that we are in the position to supply many merchants and markets in the whole of Austria directly with our fresh products.” The annual turnover of the industry is around 25 million Euro.
“Competitors should really pay attention”
The company has already gained a foothold in the German market. “Through our own separate commodity supply and our attractive prices, we have already succeeded to gain foothold on the German market”, Ebel explains, “Competitors should be on their guard. We think that the Austrian market is our territory. Due to our new production facility in Munich, the German-speaking Austrian region is our catchment area.” The company from southern Italy is specialized in the private label business for trade and hard discount.
For more information:
Agronomia Food GmbH
Dorfstraße 15, 85445 Aufkirchen
Tel: +49 (0)15234195461
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here