Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- New labs and opportunities for NatureSeal in Europe
Exchange ratesmore »
Agronomia reaches for Austria
Italian producer has ambitious plansImmediately after the completion of the new production facility near Munich for 4,5 Million Euro, Agronomia Food GmbH is going to plan the next big step. “We plan to conquer the Austrian market completely by the middle of 2016. We want to become the market leader in the fresh-cut sector”, Mario Ebel Sales Director for Germany, Austria and Switzerland of Agronomia announces confidently.
Previous big player to face competition
Due to the advance of entering the Austrian Market, they will need to compete with the current big player “LA LINEA VERDE”. The Italian company was the biggest fresh-cut supplier on the Austrian market up to now. Around 65 percent of all sold fresh-cut bags in Austria are from Italian production. “Agronomia is currently working on a concept to revamp and conquer the Austrian market completely”, Mario Ebel explains, “We want to split our two production facilities in Munich and Bergamo, Italy. Due to that we are in the position to supply many merchants and markets in the whole of Austria directly with our fresh products.” The annual turnover of the industry is around 25 million Euro.
“Competitors should really pay attention”
The company has already gained a foothold in the German market. “Through our own separate commodity supply and our attractive prices, we have already succeeded to gain foothold on the German market”, Ebel explains, “Competitors should be on their guard. We think that the Austrian market is our territory. Due to our new production facility in Munich, the German-speaking Austrian region is our catchment area.” The company from southern Italy is specialized in the private label business for trade and hard discount.
For more information:
Agronomia Food GmbH
Dorfstraße 15, 85445 Aufkirchen
Tel: +49 (0)15234195461
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here