Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Report encourages fruit consumptionFruit intake remains low in the U.S., according to a recent report of the 2015 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee. The results inspired registered dietitian, nutritionist, and author Janet Helm, MS, RDN, to issue a challenge to America: “Get over your fear of fruit.”
Helm recently wrote an “Eat + Run” health blog for U.S. News & World Report. In “Get Over Your Fear of Fruit With These 10 Exotic Choices,” she examines the reasons people shy away from actually eating fruits, while seemingly obsessed with cold-pressed juices and smoothies.
Inspired by the Frieda’s Specialty Produce campaign, “Eat One Fruit A Day That Scares You,” Helm suggests trying new, exotic fruits, especially with children. She points to a study that proposes hands-on activities with fruits during playtime to encourage kids to try new things during meals.
“Maybe we all need some new inspiration to eat more fruit,” writes Helm.
The U.S. News & World Report post is the result of an effort by the New York Produce Show to solicit coverage of the produce industry in the mainstream press.
Click here to read the article.
For more information:
Tel: +1 714-826-6100 ext. 148
Fax: +1 714-816-0273
Publication date: 3/17/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: