Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Date consumption increases
As more consumers become aware of the health benefits of dates, consumption has increased. To keep up with demand, production has also increased.
“We have had double-digit increases in sales and yields, year on year,” said Erin Hanagan, marketing manager for DatePac. “We increased distribution and saw more sales from current consumers.” She attributed the increased sales to consumers becoming more aware of the health benefits of dates as well as the fruit's sweet taste profile. The additional production is due to plantings that have matured and are producing at their full potential.
“We had a really good harvest this year, and conditions in the Bard area were fantastic,” said Hanagan. “We didn't get the moisture that hit Coachella, so we didn't have a lot of waste during our harvest.” DatePac is now gearing up for Easter and Mother's Day holidays, and then Ramadan will offer a bump in demand during the summer.
“We've seen an increase in interest from Millenials,” said Hanagan. “They consider themselves food-invested, but they also look for healthy options. So we're increasing our communications with those consumers.”
For more information:
+1 928 257 4889
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: