Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
“Jet-Ripe™ Portable Unit Turns Cold Rooms into Ripening Rooms”Global Cooling Inc. has announced availability of their Jet-Ripe™ portable ripening system. According to Global's president Jim Still, “our Jet-Ripe arrives fully assembled and ready to use. The ripener simply puts it into an existing refrigerated room with the fruit to be ripened, and uses a catalytic generator to make ethylene gas, and the ripening process begins.”
Global Cooling is one of the leaders worldwide in manufacturing of forced-air precooling and ripening equipment. Global also offers the Jet-Ready™ and Rapid-Cool™ precooling systems.
“The original forced-air ripening system is a tarp system” explained Still, “where two rows of pallets of fruit are placed side by side up against a fan wall, and then the pallets are covered with a tarp. The suction of the fans pulling from under the tarp forces the room air to flow through the cartons of fruit, and not just around them.” The Jet-Ripe is a tarp-based ripening design, and it has a galvanized steel base and stand, and two fans each of 2 HP. It also has foam pads and a tarp, and on and off controls.
“This is the best and most energy-efficient design for ripening when the room is one pallet tall, or 'single-tier,'” Still continued. “The tarp covering the tops of the upper cartons assures that all of the airflow goes through all of the fruit boxes uniformly, and therefore the ripening process is more uniform, too.”
Addition of a “variable speed drive” or VFD, allows the ripener to adjust the fan speed for less than fully loaded rooms, saving even more electricity. “Our Jet-Ripe is perfect for ripening anywhere from 2 pallets to 24 pallets,” according to Still.
For more information
Publication date: 2/25/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: