Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy promotes apples in USTwo years after the trade agreement allowing the export of Italian apples to America, the Italian industry is continuing the promotion of Italian apples in the United States.
On February 14th the Consortium FROM Italian Alps launched a promotion with Corrado’s Supermarkets’ 5 locations in New Jersey, where Italian Galas, Granny Smith and Golden Delicious will be available through February 28th. The activity is implemented in collaboration with the Italian Trade Commission office in New York.
‘Italian apples are a big new-comer on the U.S. produce scene, and we are still working to develop our market – says Mr. Zanotelli, Director of the Consortium FROM. Exporting to America is a big challenge for the Italian industry, but we are still confident that our efforts will meet the challenge. Americans are aware of the quality assured by Made in Italy. The same assurance goes for apples, and everybody is invited to fall in love with the taste!’
With a production of 2.4 million tons, Italy is among the biggest world players in the industry and is at the forefront of research and innovation in the sector. Technology allows the treatment of pathologies in the most natural ways. That translates to delicious, safe and healthy products.
“Italian law forbids GMO products and has strict regulations for food safety and quality standards. Original Italian food is safe and extremely tasty’ – says Pier Paolo Celeste, Trade Commissioner and Executive Diretor for the U.S.A.
Living in the production areas and consuming the products, producers are the best testimonials of FROM awareness of the environmental and social responsibility aspects of the production. The very same concept is at the heart of the promotional campaign: ‘We know what we do, and we eat what we produce. – goes on Mr Zanotelli – I am very proud of the work our producers and partners are doing in Italy, and we are happy to share the excellency of our production with the markets FROM supplies with the best quality apples’.
Passion and dedication are the secret ingredients of FROM’s success- 15,000 producers grouped in 4 producer organizations in a system that promotes the fair share of responsibilities and strict set of production values. You will taste the difference.
Publication date: 2/23/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: