Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk Line eyes on sustaining schedule reliabilityIt is reported that the Q3 schedule reliability review by maritime analyst SeaIntel shows Maersk Line retaining the top spot, despite an industry-wide decline.
Maersk Line posted a score of 83.9%, compared to 85.7% in the previous quarter. Schedule reliability among the top 20 global carriers dropped from 75.5% in Q2 to 71.7% in Q3.
Severe congestion issues throughout major hub ports in North Europe, the US and Asia, particularly Tanjung Pelepas, Hong Kong and Shanghai, are cited as the main reason for the decline.
Mr Keith Svendsen, Head of Operations Execution, said that "We understand that the decline in the ratings is a result of the bottlenecks in the ports. We are pleased that Maersk Line retained its number 1 position. Our ambition remains to maintain industry leadership in schedule reliability."
For the 10th consecutive quarter, Maersk Line was named the best in the Asia-North Europe trade lane with a schedule reliability of 95.5%. In the Asia-Mediterranean network, Maersk Line is second behind CSAV and CMA CGM. Small carriers in the market, on the other hand, dominate the Transpacific EB route.
Publication date: 11/17/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: