Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
African suppliers are ready to export up to 100 000 tonnes of fruit and vegetables per week, previously delivered into Russia via EU
Africa is to increase food export to RussiaAfrican producers intend to increase the direct export to Russia, bypass the European countries, - announced Elena Nagornaya, the President of the Trade Alliance of African countries in Russia.
According to the results of 2014, East African countries have the opportunity to increase export of fresh products to Russia by 3-4 times. They are ready to export the following products to Russia directly: pineapples, bananas, citrus fruit, apples, nuts, avocado, strawberries, ginger. Without the chain of intermediaries, the prices are believed to decrease by 20%. By estimate of the Alliance, African products total up to 80% of the European fruit market.
Trade Alliance of African countries in Russia comprises East African countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa. According to the Federal Customs Service of Russia, the import of fruit and vegetables from these countries in 2013 equaled 261 000 tonnes worth of 258 million dollars. The largest fruit importer is South Africa.
Publication date: 8/21/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: